Taco Bell is a popular fast food chain known for its Mexican-inspired menu items. One of Taco Bell’s most popular menu items is the burrito, which comes in a variety of flavours and fillings. However, for those who prefer beef as their protein of choice, the question remains: does Taco Bell have beef burritos? This question has sparked controversy and debate in the fast food world, with some claiming that Taco Bell’s beef burritos are not made with real beef. In this article, we look at the truth about Taco Bell’s beef burritos and explore the other options available for those who prefer non-beef fillings.
Taco Bell’s burritos: A brief overview
Taco Bell’s burritos are a staple of the menu and a popular choice for many customers. These burritos are typically made with a soft flour tortilla and filled with a variety of ingredients, including rice, beans, cheese, meat and vegetables. Meat options for Taco Bell burritos include seasoned beef, chicken, steak and shredded pork. In addition to the classic beef burrito, Taco Bell also offers variations such as the Beefy Fritos Burrito, the Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito and the Black Bean Burrito. With so many options to choose from, Taco Bell has a burrito to suit every taste.
Taco Bell’s beef burritos: A look at the ingredients
Taco Bell’s beef burritos are a popular choice among customers who prefer beef as their protein of choice. But what exactly goes into the beef filling of Taco Bell’s burritos? According to the restaurant’s website, Taco Bell’s seasoned beef is made with 100% USDA inspected premium beef, which is then seasoned with a blend of spices and seasonings. The beef is cooked and simmered to perfection, resulting in a flavoursome and tender filling for the burrito. In addition to the seasoned beef, Taco Bell’s beef burritos typically include other ingredients such as rice, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. However, despite the claims on Taco Bell’s website, some have raised concerns about the quality and authenticity of the beef used in the restaurant’s menu items. In the next section, we will explore the controversy surrounding the beef used in Taco Bell’s burritos and other menu items.
Taco Bell’s non-beef burritos: What are the options?
For those who prefer non-beef options, Taco Bell also offers a variety of other burrito fillings. The chicken burrito is a popular option, made with tender shredded chicken, rice, beans and cheese. Another option is the Steak Burrito, made with marinated and grilled steak, seasoned rice, beans and cheese. Vegetarians can opt for the Black Bean Burrito, made with black beans, seasoned rice, cheese and a spicy chipotle sauce. For those looking for a more filling option, the Beefy Fritos Burrito and the Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito are both excellent choices. These burritos are made with a combination of beans, rice, cheese and either seasoned beef or Fritos corn chips. With so many non-beef options, Taco Bell has something for everyone.
The Taco Bell beef burrito controversy
Despite claims on Taco Bell’s website about the quality and authenticity of the beef used in its menu items, the restaurant has faced controversy and criticism over the years. In 2011, a class action lawsuit was filed against Taco Bell alleging that the restaurant’s seasoned beef filling was not made with real beef. The lawsuit claimed that Taco Bell’s beef filling was only 36% beef, with the remaining 64% made up of fillers and other ingredients. Taco Bell vehemently denied the claims and launched a marketing campaign to defend the quality of its beef.
In response to the controversy, Taco Bell released a statement outlining the ingredients used in their seasoned beef filling. The statement explained that the beef is made up of 88% beef and 12% seasonings, spices, water and other ingredients. The company also stressed that its beef stuffing is made with 100% USDA inspected beef and is free of artificial flavours and colours.
Despite these claims and the results of independent testing, some consumers remain sceptical about the quality of the beef used in Taco Bell’s menu items. As a result, the controversy surrounding the beef used in Taco Bell’s burritos and other menu items continues to this day.
How to customise your Taco Bell burrito
One of the best things about Taco Bell’s burritos is that you can easily customise them to your liking. Whether you want to add more protein, spice things up with extra hot sauce, or opt for a vegetarian or vegan option, there are several ways to make your Taco Bell burrito your own.
If beef is your protein of choice, you can customise your burrito by adding extra seasoned beef or opting for the Beefy Fritos Burrito. If you prefer chicken or steak, simply swap the beef filling for your protein of choice. Vegetarian and vegan options include the Black Bean Burrito, which can be customised with extra veggies or guacamole, or the Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito, which can be made vegan by removing the cheese and sour cream.
For those who like a little extra spice, Taco Bell offers a variety of hot sauces and peppers to add to your burrito. From mild to extra hot, there is a sauce to suit every level of heat tolerance. You can also add toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion or jalapeños to give your burrito an extra burst of flavour and texture.
So, having explored the truth about Taco Bell’s beef burritos and the controversy surrounding the beef used in the restaurant’s menu items, the question remains: should you try Taco Bell’s beef burritos?
The answer ultimately comes down to personal preference. If you enjoy the taste of seasoned beef and are comfortable with the ingredients used in Taco Bell’s beef filling, then the beef burrito may be a good choice for you. However, if you have concerns about the quality or authenticity of the beef used in fast food restaurants, you may want to choose a different protein or menu item.
Regardless of your protein preference, Taco Bell offers a variety of burrito options to suit every taste. From chicken and steak to vegetarian and vegan options, there is a burrito for everyone. And with the ability to customise your burrito with additional toppings or sauces, Taco Bell’s burritos offer endless possibilities for a delicious and satisfying meal.
In conclusion, while the controversy surrounding Taco Bell’s beef burritos may make some consumers hesitant to try them, there is no denying that these burritos are a popular and tasty menu item for many. Whether you choose to try the beef burrito or opt for another protein, Taco Bell’s burritos are a great choice for a quick and satisfying meal on the go.
What are Taco Bell’s beef burritos made of?
Taco Bell’s beef burritos are made with seasoned beef, which is made from 100% USDA-inspected premium beef that is seasoned with a blend of spices and seasonings. The beef is then cooked and simmered to perfection, resulting in a flavorful and tender filling for the burrito.
What other options are available for those who don’t want beef in their burritos?
Taco Bell offers a variety of non-beef burrito options, including chicken, steak, shredded pork, and vegetarian options such as the Black Bean Burrito and the Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito. These options can be customized with toppings and sauces to suit your individual taste preferences.
What is the controversy surrounding Taco Bell’s beef burritos?
In 2011, a class-action lawsuit was filed against Taco Bell alleging that the restaurant’s seasoned beef filling was not made with real beef. The lawsuit claimed that Taco Bell’s beef filling was made with only 36% beef, with the remaining 64% consisting of fillers and other ingredients. Taco Bell denied these claims and released a statement outlining the ingredients used in their beef filling, which is made with 88% beef and 12% seasonings, spices, water, and other ingredients.
Can I customize my Taco Bell burrito?
Yes, Taco Bell’s burritos can be easily customized to suit your individual taste preferences. You can add extra protein, hot sauce, or toppings such as lettuce, tomato, and onion. You can also ask for your burrito to be made “fresco style” for a lower-carb option. Customization options are available for all burrito types, including beef, chicken, steak, and vegetarian options.