3 medium free-range eggs
90 g soft brown sugar
1 small orange, zest & juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 g extra virgin macadamia nut oil (or other nut oil)
115 g ground almonds
90 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
100 g icing sugar
20 g orange juice
Mascarpone & Grand Marnier cream
100 g mascarpone
20 g Grand Marnier
20 g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan.
2. Grease a mini Bundt cake tin or spray with cake release.
3. Whisk eggs, orange zest and juice, and vanilla together until light and frothy.
4. Add the macadamia oil and whisk until incorporated.
5. Fold through the sifted flour, ground almonds, baking powder and baking soda until just combined.
6. Pour the cake mixture into the Bundt tin and bake for 20 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. While the cake is baking make the icing by mixing together the ingredients until smooth.
8. When the cakes have cooled drizzle the icing over the top and sprinkle with nut praline.
9. Whisk together the ingredients for the mascarpone and Grand Marnier cream. Put into an icing bag, and fill the centre of the cakes. Sprinkle with more nut praline.
100g of whole blanched almonds, peeled
50g of caster sugar
1 tbsp of water
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- Roast the almonds for 8–10 minutes, until golden.
- Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan, swirling occasionally (but don’t stir!) until caramelised. Put the almonds in the caramel, swirl around then pour onto a silpat mat or a tray lined with baking paper and leave to cool.
- When cool, either blitz in a food processor or break up with a rolling pin.