Half a side of fresh salmon fillet (or 4 pieces of salmon)
150 ml of soya sauce with 1 tbsp of honey (or black garlic teriyaki marinade, or just teriyaki sauce)
1 red chilli, sliced
1 bunch of coriander, roots chopped finely (save leaves for finishing)
5 cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 lime leaves, finely shredded (or 2 lemongrass stalks, bashed and finely chopped)
4 spring onions, finely sliced
1 red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
1. Heat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Mix the marinade ingredients together and place in an oven-proof dish.
3. Place the salmon, skin side up, into the marinade. Cover and leave (in the fridge) for around 30 minutes.
4. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until just cooked. Occasionally baste the fish but DON’T overcook it! To check if the fish is cooked, gently pull the fillets apart a little bit and look inside. The flesh should be just turning from orange to opaque pink. You can always give it a quick blast under a hot grill to caramelise the top 🔥
5. Sprinkle over the coriander, chilli and spring onions. Squeeze over the juice from the lime. Add chilli, for extra heat
6. Serve with steamed rice.